The Hingham Public Schools are committed to improving the communication among the district, schools and community stakeholders. The 2022-2025 Strategic Plan outlined a strategic objective articulating the improvement of communication including the creation of more efficient communication strategies and the development of a district-wide communication engagement plan.
We communicate through a variety of avenues:
- Direct Email to families, staff, and students.
- These mailings include monthly newsletters, upcoming events, and emergency notifications
- If you would like to join our mailing list, fill out the form below.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Automated or “Robocalls” for emergency notifcations
- Print materials (brochures, posters, etc.)
- Media Relations
Media and Communications Specialist
Follow HPS on Social Media!
Hingham Public Schools Inclement Weather Decision-Making Process
The decision to call a closure or delay is made by the Superintendent of Schools before 5:30 AM that morning.
The Superintendent makes this decision after consideration of available local weather reports, predictions of general weather conditions at the time the children are scheduled to be transported, consultation with the DPW, other area school superintendents, and appropriate town officials.
School Cancellation/Delay Notifications
Closing or delays will be communicated via:
- Automated voice call no earlier than 6 AM.
- HPS social media including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- School department website www.hinghamschools.org
- Aspen X2 message (Email)
- Radio and TV Stations:
- WBZ, WCVB, WHDH, Fox, NBC and NECN.