Working at HPS
Hingham Public Schools offer rewarding careers in instructional and non-instructional positions throughout the district. Come work with us to help provide a high-quality education to the children of Hingham! Start your employment search here if you are interested in:
- Leadership and School Administration
- Professional Staff – including Teachers, Specialists, Counselors, Psychologists, and Nurses
- Paraeducators and Instructional Support Staff
- Custodial and Maintenance
- Food Service
The Hiring Process
- All jobs opportunities are posted on SchoolSpring and the Employment Opportunities page of our website.
- If you see a job that you are interested in, submit your application through SchoolSpring.
- Principals or Department heads will review the online applications and contact the finalists for an interview.
- If you are selected for a position, an initial job offer will be made, which will be contingent upon successful completion of all required reference checks and background checks.
CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) Checks
Massachusetts Law requires that all schools conduct a criminal background check (CORI) on current and prospective employees. The CORI process requires the following steps:
- Download a CORI form.
- You must sign the first page, which authorizes the Hingham Public Schools to request a CORI check.
- Complete all required forms. Please print legibly!
- HPS is required to verify your identification as part of the CORI process. Make arrangements with your school contact, who will verify your identification and collect your signed CORI forms.
Massachusetts Law requires that all public school employees complete a national fingerprint-based criminal background check. The Fingerprint process requires the following steps:
- Download the Fingerprinting Instructions here.
- Register for an appointment online and request that the results be sent to the Hingham Public Schools (see the instructions for details).
- Report to the designated location to physically complete the fingerprint process.
- The results will be automatically sent to the Hingham Public Schools.
The fee for Fingerprinting is $55.00 for staff who have or require a DESE (Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) license, or $35.00 for those who do not have or do not require a DESE license. The payment will be made at the Fingerprinting center.
Payroll and benefits questions for newly hired employees can be directed to Nancy Cronin, Payroll Supervisor, at [email protected] or 781-741-1500 x2508.