KIA Strings After School
The Kids in Action After School Strings program will be offered to 3rd & 4th graders a each elementary schools, beginning in the Fall of 2023.
Sessions will run for 15 weeks in the Fall and in the Spring. The Fall session will run September through January and the Spring Session will be February through June. The last class for each session will serve as a performance to show parents the children’s progress. Tuition is $325.00 per child and does not include instrument rental fees. No prior experience with strings is expected for participation. All students will meet for introductory, beginner lessons. Families are responsible for arranging their own rental or purchase of instruments.
To register, click on the desired session time below.
Plymouth River School:
Please contact Joann Bellis, HPS Fine Arts Director at JBellis@HinghamSchools.org or (781)741-1560 x 1295 with any questions.
|June 17, 2023
|Enrollment Opens at 9:00 AM
|July 1, 2023
|September 18-21, 2023
|Tentative Start for Classes
|January 8-11, 2024
|Fall Semester Final Sessions – Concert
- After you have registered for KIA Strings, we will send you a registration link to rent an instrument from Acoustic Strings of New England. While you are welcome to rent an instrument from any vendor, you may find it convenient to rent from Acoustic Strings of New England (ASNE) since they visit our schools weekly to drop off supplies/take care of repairs, etc. YOU CAN REGISTER FOR AN INSTRUMENT RENTAL USING THIS LINK: https://www.acousticstrings.biz/
- Once you get the ASNE registration link, families should select “instrument rentals” and fill out the rental forms for the monthly rate. KIA Strings prices will not be listed specifically on the website but will be applied. All instruments will be 1/2 scale in size. Families should not add accessories to their order, as the items that they need will be included with the rental. If families do select to add accessories, they will be charged additionally for them.
- 2023-2024 KIA Strings Rental Rates:
- Violin/Viola – $109.25 for the 15 week session (includes book, shoulder pad, tax and insurance service coverage).
- Cello – $168.50 for the 15 week session (includes book, slip stop, tax and insurance service coverage).
- Instruments rented through Acoustic Strings of New England will be delivered directly to each elementary school and distributed to students on the first day of class.
- Please contact Jennifer McSweeney at 781-254-3700 or email@example.com with any questions specific to rentals.
- We discourage the purchase of instruments at this age since students will move through different sizes of violins as they grow. A rental allows students to change sizes appropriately when they are ready.
The KIA Strings Program uses a third party company, UNIPAY, for the registration process and the processing and collection of tuition and fees. The web-based portal system is easy and convenient to use and is used by many colleges, private schools and other public schools as well. The $325.00 tuition is an up front fee and does not include rental fees. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A UNIPAY ACCOUNT TO REGISTER. Payment must be made using Unipay. Mailed checks will not be accepted.
If you have any questions or if your child will require financial aid, please EMAIL US.