NEW LOCATION to Obtain Work Permits:

Hingham High School

17 Union St. Hingham, MA 02043


Summer Hours

Monday-Thursday 8:00am-2:00pm

Friday 8:00am-12:00pm

How Do I Obtain a Work Permit?

In order for a student to work in the State of Massachusetts, they need to obtain a work permit from the town they reside in.

The following must be submitted in order for the work permit to be created:

You must include the application, work permit questionnaire, and a copy of your birth certificate, passport, or driver’s license.

Please allow 24-48 hours for the paperwork to be processed.  

*Any missing documentation will result in a delay in issuing the working permit.

Questions?  Please call Hingham High School at 781-741-1560, and press option 2 for the main office.