The School Resource Officer Program is a nationally accepted program involving the placement of a certified law enforcement officer within the educational environment on several different levels. This partnership between the school district and local law enforcement agency allows the SRO to work closely with the school administration to provide a safe learning environment, law related education, and the expertise of a trained law enforcement officer on campus.
The officer is involved in a variety of functions:
- As a visible, active law enforcement figure on campus dealing with any law-related issue.
- As a classroom resource for instruction in the following areas: law related education, violence diffusion, safety programs, alcohol and drug prevention, crime prevention and other areas.
- As a member of the faculty and administrative team working hand in hand to solve problems in the school community.
- As a resource for the students enabling them to be associated with positive law enforcement figure in the student’s environment.
- As a resource to teachers, parents, and students for law related concerns and questions.
- As a counseling resource in areas which may affect the educational environment and may be law-related.