Hingham Public Schools’ End-of-Year Learning Data Shows Significant Growth in
Reading and Math
The Hingham Public Schools have released their end-of-year (EOY) learning data and are
thrilled to share the results of student learning growth over the course of the 2023-2024 school
In order to support achievement for all students and address pandemic learning loss in literacy
and math, the Hingham Public Schools continue to make strategic efforts to strengthen the
district’s multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) by introducing new programs, structures and
data protocols to support student learning. All students are screened at the beginning of year
(BOY), middle of year (MOY) and end of year (EOY) for K-5 reading and K-6 math, utilizing
programs such as Acadience/DIBELS and iReady diagnostic screeners.
This past school year, students demonstrated accelerated learning across all grades, especially
in grades 3-5 reading and grades K-6 math. Specifically:
Grade 3-5 iReady Reading:
- Grade 3 reading moved from 73% on or above grade level at Beginning of Year (BOY) to 94% at EOY
- Grade 4 reading moved from 63% on or above grade level at BOY to 84% at EOY
- Grade 5 reading moved from 66% on or above grade level at BOY to 82% at EOY
Grade iReady K-6 Math:
- Grades K-6 are exceeding math expectations for Typical Annual Growth with a range from 119% -157%
- Grade K-6 special education students are exceeding expectations for Typical Annual
- Growth with a range of 100% – 131%
- Significant growth into the On or Above Grade Level category for all grades for both special education and non-special education subgroups.
Results of the Acadience/DIBELS K-2 longitudinal early literacy data, which tracked the cohort of students who were kindergarteners during the 2020-2021 pandemic school year, indicated that 81% of those students, who are now second graders, achieved year-end literacy benchmarks as opposed to 72% of the cohort achieving benchmarks as kindergartners during the 2020-2021 school year. 82% of current kindergarten students achieved EOY literacy benchmarks. Grade 1 reading continues to be an area of focus with 75% of students achieving year-end benchmarks during the 2023-2024 school year.
If you would like to view the full EOY Data presentation, please visit the Hingham Public