Are you looking for a rewarding position that offers a flexible schedule and competitive wages? Consider a position as a substitute with the Hingham Public Schools!
Follow the steps below to get started.
- Review our HPS Substitute Guide to learn about the Hingham Public Schools, our mission, the important role of our substitutes, and applicable pay rates.
- Submit your Online Application Packet.
- The application also includes the required CORI Form (Criminal Offender Record Check) and Civil Rights Sign-off Sheet. We will need to verify your ID (in person) as part of the CORI process.
- Please provide a copy of your degree or transcript, as required:
- Substitute Teachers – Require a Bachelor’s Degree
- Substitute Nurses – Require a Bachelor’s Degree and Nursing License
- Substitute Paraeducators -Require a High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- The application can be mailed or emailed to Susan D’Amato, Director of Human Resources:
- By email to sd’[email protected], or
- By mail to Susan D’Amato, Director of Human Resources, Hingham School Department, 220 Central Street, Hingham, MA 02043.
- The Director of Human Resources will review your application and contact you to schedule an interview. Upon recommendation from the Director of Human Resources, you will be instructed to complete Steps 4 and 5 below.
- Complete the Fingerprinting Process. See the Instructions for the Fingerprint process here.
- Complete your payroll documents. You can find all the payroll documents here.
- Hingham Public Schools is transitioning to Frontline Education for substitute placement. Frontline Education is available 24/7 and allows substitutes to be alerted of vacancies and to accept assignments via the telephone and internet. An email containing login information for your Frontline Education account will be sent upon completion of the onboarding process.